Air Fryer Bloomin' Onion Recipe
Air Fryer Bloomin' Onion
The perfect excuse to use your air fryer, this air-fried onion will surely be a hit and keep your guests coming back for more. It is super crunchy and spicy and will look good on the table.
Skip deep-frying and minimize your oil usage with Air Fryer Bloomin' Onion. Plus, it helps reduce calorie intake.
1 large Yellow onion
3 large Eggs
1 cup Breadcrumbs
2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Kosher salt
3 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
⅔ cup Mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Ketchup
1 tsp. Horseradish
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
¼ tsp. Dried oregano
- Kosher salt
For the Onion:
For the Dipping Sauce:
Cut off the onion stem and peel away the onion’s outer skin.
Set the onion on a cutting board, cut-side facing down, and slice ¼” away from the root, being careful to keep the root attached. Repeat until the onion is cut into 12 to 16 equal-sized sections.
- Flip the onion over and gently spread out the petals.
Mix eggs and 1 tablespoon of water in a shallow bowl, then whisk until smooth.
- Combine breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in another shallow bowl. Mix until evenly blended.
Dip the onion into egg wash, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Use a spoon to get the mixture between the petals and fully coat the onion.
- Drizzle onion with oil.
- Cook at 375 °F for about 20 minutes or until the onion is tender all the way through. Drizzle with more oil as desired.
- Remove the aluminum foil and air fry for another 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a medium bowl, make the sauce by whisking together ketchup, mayonnaise, horseradish, paprika, dried oregano, and garlic powder. Then, season with salt.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
To make the petals spread out more, soak the sliced onion in ice water for a few minutes.