Apple Pie Pocket Pastry Recipe
Apple Pie Pockets
These apple pie pocket pastries will surely please everyone at your holiday celebration. They are easy to make and require no baking, so they are perfect for those who want to spend fewer hours in the kitchen on Thanksgiving Day.
To Make the Apple Mixture:
Peel and dice apples into small pieces.
Combine the water and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
Set a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Combine the baking powder-water mixture, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Beat until the mixture is well combined, thickened, and becomes bubbly.
- Stir in the apples until they are completely coated and tender.
- Turn off the heat and set it aside.
To Make the Apple Pie Pocket:
Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
Lay the puff pastry out and roll it out with a rolling pin until it is about ⅛” thick all the way through.
- Make 12 rectangles out of the pastry.
- Fill the top 6 rectangles with the apple mixture.
- Line the outer rim of each rectangle with your finger before sandwiching apple filling between two rectangles.
- Press the sides of each rectangle with a fork to seal in the filling.
- Brush some mixed egg over the top of each pie before placing it on a greased baking sheet.
Create 3 or 4 slits in each pie with a knife.
- Bake the pie for 25 minutes until its top is golden brown.
- These pocket pies are best served hot.