Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich
Move over avocado toast; there's a new breakfast sandwich in town! Meet the bacon weave breakfast sandwich, a delicious and hearty way to start your day. This sandwich is made with 12 slices of bacon, woven into a lattice, and cooked until crispy.
The bacon is then layered with eggs, avocado, and cheddar cheese and seasoned with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Follow the recipe below to make your bacon weave sandwich at home. Trust us; it's worth the effort!
To Make the Bacon Weave:
Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Place a baking rack inside a baking sheet to help catch grease.
- Make a bacon weave by arranging three bacon halves side by side on a baking sheet.
- Raise the end of the center bacon slice and set the fourth bacon half on top of the side pieces and beneath the middle slice. Then move the middle slice.
- Place a fifth bacon half on top of the center slice and underneath the two side strips of bacon, then lift the two side strips of bacon. Replace the side pieces with slices.
- Finally, raise the opposite side of the middle slice and place the sixth slice on top of the side pieces below the middle slice. Repeat to weave together a second time.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Blot grease on a paper towel-lined plate.
To Cook the Egg:
Spray cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat. Coat the inside of a mason jar lid with cooking spray as well.
- Place a mason jar lid in the center of the skillet and crack an egg inside. Season the egg with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the egg whites are set, before removing the lid and continuing to cook.
To Assemble the Sandwich:
Trim the edges of the bacon weave with a sharp knife after tracing a circle with a mason jar lid.
- Top each bottom bacon weave bun with mashed avocado, cheddar, fried egg, and hot sauce.
- Sandwich with the remaining bacon weave bun. Serve.