Bailey’s Cake Recipe
Bailey’s Cake is a popular boozy cake recipe that calls for the use of Bailey’s Irish Cream. This dessert is often made as a Bundt cake but can also be made in other shapes and sizes. It is moist and dense, with a rich flavor from adding alcohol.
For the Baileys Buttercream:
Using an electric whisk or mixer, mix the butter and slowly tip the icing sugar, one spoon at a time. Beat well to fully incorporate the ingredients until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
Add the Bailey’s and blend well.
For the Cake:
Preheat the oven to 356 °F. Butter the three 20 cm cake pans, and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Cook the butter, dark sugar, and dark chocolate over low heat. Melt the chocolate and sugar and mix to combine. Tip the Baileys and let the chocolate mixture slightly cool.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate soda, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl. Pour in the chocolate mixture and fully incorporate.
- Add the eggs, the yogurt, and 50 mL of hot water. Mix well.
- Distribute the batter equally into the three cake pans and bake for 20 minutes or until a stick returns clean when poked in the middle of the cake. Let the cake cool completely after.
- Put a cake layer on a serving plate, then cover the top with buttercream. Repeat with the other two layers. Frost the cake’s sides with the remaining buttercream.
- Decorate the cake by topping it off with dark chocolate shavings.