Baked Potato Skins Recipe
Baked Potato Skins
These healthy appetizers will definitely be an instant favorite at any party. Loaded with bits of smoky bacon, two kinds of cheeses, and green onions, these potato skins are delicious and flavorful. They are baked to perfection for a crunch that everyone will surely love!
6 small to medium Russet potatoes, cleaned and dried
3 tbsp. Butter, melted
¼ tsp. Garlic powder
¼ tsp. Onion powder
½ cup finely shredded Cheddar
½ cup finely shredded Monterey Jack
4 slices of Bacon, crispy cooked and chopped
1 Green onion, finely sliced
Sour cream (Optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Poke the potatoes 8 to 10 times with a fork. Then, rub them with a small amount of canola or olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Once cooked, let the baked potatoes sit until they are cool enough to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out each potato half, leaving ¼” to ½” along the inside of the skin.
In a bowl, add melted butter, garlic powder, and onion powder and whisk until well combined,
- Brush the top and bottom of each potato skin with the butter mixture and bake for another 20 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through.
- Remove from heat and put cheese and bacon on top of each potato skin. Then, return the baking sheet to the oven to continue baking for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream (optional) and green onions before serving.