Breakfast Burgers Recipe
This breakfast sandwich is stacked with your favorite morning staples: hash browns, eggs, bacon, avocado, and cheddar cheese. Plus, it's simple to personalize by adding extra toppings or swapping the beef for sausage or turkey.
No need to feel guilty about skipping breakfast when getting a hearty dose of protein and other nutrients from this sandwich!
½ lb. frozen Hash browns, thawed and squeezed
3 large Eggs, separated
Black pepper, freshly ground
1 lb. Ground beef
2 slices of Cheddar
Ketchup for drizzling
4 cooked Bacon slices
1/2 thinly sliced Avocado
To Make the Hash Brown Bun:
Season hash browns and 1 egg with salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking oil and place three mason jar lids in it. Combine the hash brown mixture and two lids to form a patty.
- In the third lid, crack an egg and season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes per side until hash browns are golden and crispy, and 3 minutes until egg is set.
- Repeat with the remaining hash browns and egg.
To Make the Burgers:
Season the ground beef generously with salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Form into beef patties (about the size of a mason jar lid) and cook for 5 minutes per side until medium.
- Allow the cheese to melt in the skillet for 2 minutes by covering it with a lid.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a hash brown bun on a plate and drizzling it with ketchup.
- Sandwich with hash brown bun and top with burger, fried egg, bacon, and avocado.