Bunless Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Bunless Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Who doesn't love a breakfast sandwich? They are easy to make, portable, and endlessly customizable. And using an egg for the bun is a true genius move. It's a delicious way to add protein and flavor and helps keep the sandwich together.
This recipe is loaded with bacon, cheddar, and avocado, but you can use any of your favorite fillings. Sausage and gruyère would be great, too!Author
Spray cooking oil on an entire pan and place it over medium heat.
Place two mason jar lids in the nonstick pan (centers removed).
- Crack eggs into the centers of the lids and whisk lightly with a fork to break up the yolk.
- Cover the pan with water and close the lid.
- Cook, occasionally stirring, until the whites are cooked through for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and top one of the eggs with cheddar. Cook for 1 minute more or until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Invert an egg bun devoid of cheese onto a plate. Serve with mashed avocado and cooked bacon on top.
- Place the cheesy egg bun, cheese-side down on top.