Buttermilk-Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Buttermilk-Fried Chicken Sandwich
As any southern cook knows, buttermilk is essential for making perfect fried chicken. The milk tenderizes the meat, while the acidity gives it a light crispy coating.
And when it comes to sandwiches, nothing beats buttermilk-fried chicken on a soft brioche bun with a tangy mayo. Try this recipe the next time you're craving for something tasty.
2 cups (480 mL) Sour cream
- 1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper black
½ tsp. of Red cayenne pepper
8 Chicken thighs with no bones and no skin
1 ½ cups (425 g) of Plain Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. of chopped Fresh dill
1 tsp. of Dried garlic
2 tbsp. Lemon juice
¼ cup (30 g) of Grated parmesan
2 cups (250 g) of All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Salt
2 spoonfuls of Black pepper
1 ½ tsp. of Cayenne
1 tbsp Powdered garlic
Peanut or Vegetable oil for frying
- Softened butter for buns
- 8 Brioche burger buns
- 1 Butter lettuce head
- 2 slices of Tomato
To Make the Buttermilk Marinade:
Combine the buttermilk, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a medium mixing bowl.
- To coat the chicken thighs, toss them in the marinade. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
To Make the Dill Dressing:
Combine the yogurt, dill, garlic powder, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
To Make the Seasoned Flour:
Combine the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Dip the marinated chicken into the flour mixture until completely coated.
To Cook the Fried Chicken:
In a large pot, heat the oil until it reaches 350 °F (180 °C). Fill no more than halfway with oil. Cook for 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 °F (75 °C), and it should be golden brown and crispy. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels or a wire rack.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Butter the cut sides of the burger buns and toast until browned and crisp in a hot skillet.
- Combine the toasted buns, lettuce, fried chicken, tomato slices, and dill dressing to make the sandwiches.