California BLT Egg-in-a-Hole Recipe
California BLT Egg-in-a-Hole
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
What do you get when you combine two of your favorite breakfast foods? An Egg-in-a-Hole BLT, of course! This breakfast sandwich is perfect for those mornings when you want something a little heartier than just toast and eggs.
The bacon and tomato add a delicious savory flavor, while the mayonnaise and lettuce hint creaminess and freshness. Plus, it's easy to make! Simply butter two slices of bread, make a hole in the center of each slice, and fry an egg in the hole. Then just add your bacon, lettuce, and tomato.Author
- Cut a hole in one slice of bread with a small glass or biscuit cutter.
Return the skillet to medium heat, add the butter, and let it melt.
- Toast the bread for 2 minutes, then flip and toast for another 1 minute before cracking the egg into the hole.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes until the egg whites are cooked through.
- To make the sandwich, spread mayonnaise on an intact slice of bread.
- Season with salt and pepper, and top the bread with lettuce, cooked bacon, and tomato. Serve with an egg-in-a-hole on top.