Cauliflower Fried Rice With Prawns Recipe
Cauliflower Fried Rice With Prawns
Cauliflower is having a moment. Not only is it a low-calorie, high-fiber vegetable, but it's also incredibly versatile. Cauliflower rice is a popular alternative to traditional rice because it is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and folate. It's also a good source of fiber, which helps to promote a healthy digestive system.
Cauliflower Fried Rice With Prawns is a delicious and easy way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. Simply sauté chopped cauliflower in oil until it's soft, then add your favorite veggies and protein. This low-carb rice alternative will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
1 Small head cauliflower (approximately 900g), coarsely chopped
2 Smashed garlic cloves
2cm Fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
3 Sliced green shallots
1 Small peeled and shredded carrot
150g (1 cup) Thawed frozen peas
400g Cooked prawns, deveined and peeled, tails intact
2 tsp Sesame oil
To serve, black sesame seeds.
To serve, fried shallots
To serve, fresh coriander leaves
Process cauliflower in two batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Mix the egg, half of the soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of water using a fork in a jug. Swirl half of the egg mixture into the pan to cover the bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Place on a plate to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture and 1 teaspoon of oil. Omelets should be rolled up and thinly sliced.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Cook, constantly stirring, for 30 seconds or until the garlic and ginger are fragrant. Cook, occasionally stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes with the green shallot, carrot, and peas in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the prawns and sesame oil are heated.
- Drizzle the remaining soy sauce over the top. Season. Serve the fried rice in separate bowls. Add the omelet, sesame seeds, fried shallot, and coriander.