Chocolate Cookie With Cacao Nibs And Flaky Salt Recipe
Chocolate Cookie With Cacao Nibs And Flaky Salt
These chocolate cookies are tasty and add a bit of sophistication and elegance to the holiday table. Plus, it's easy to make - just follow these simple steps.
1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
⅓ cup Unsweetened cocoa
½ tsp. Baking soda
¼ tsp. Kosher salt
½ cup Unsalted butter softened
½ cup Packed light brown sugar
½ cup Granulated sugar
1 large Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
½ cup chopped Bittersweet chocolate (from a 3.5-ounce bar)
¼ cup Cacao nibs, divided
½ tsp. Flaky sea salt
Set the oven's temperature to 350 °F.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt in a mixing bowl. Place aside.
In the electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and egg, then beat on moderate speed for about 1 minute or until well combined.
- Using the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just mixed, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate and 3 tablespoons of cacao nibs.
Place the cookie dough on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Wrap the top with another sheet of parchment. Roll out the dough into a 9-inch round, trimming the edges as necessary.
- Remove and discard the top layer of parchment paper; place the dough round on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs and press lightly into the dough to adhere.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are barely set.
- Allow the baked dough to cool down slightly for about 10 minutes. Cut it into wedges and serve warm.