Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies
Everyone loves a good fortune cookie on Chinese New Year, but why not make them for Valentine’s Day? It’s a quirky little way to show your love to your significant other or even just your friends. Place short and sweet affirmations in the fortune cookie to put a smile on their face! Besides, who can say no to anything covered with chocolate?
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Line two small cookie sheets with parchment to make the process easier and more efficient.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and whisk in confectioners sugar, then add the egg white mixture until blended smoothly before gradually adding the flour.
- Once combined, mix again and make sure there are no lumps left behind.
- To make sure your cookies are round and not flat, use a metal spatula or spoon's back to spread the batter evenly around three inches in diameter on the sheet.
- Place them in the oven for 7-8 minutes until the edges brown slightly.
- When each batch of fortune cookies finishes baking, remove them from the oven and place your fortune messages inside. Quickly flip the circle over, and fold your fortune cookie in half, into a semicircle.
- Using a cup, place your semicircle onto the edge of a cup, and quickly fold the ends down. This will let you crimp into a fortune cookie shape.
- Grab a cupcake sheet and place each cookie to maintain its form while cooling.
For the chocolate coating:
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate until smooth. Remove it from the pan once it is melted. Let it cool for 8 minutes.
- Chop your preferred nuts and set them aside.
- Once the cookies are cool, you can start dipping the edges of the cookies in the chocolate and roll them around on a bowl of your chopped nuts before placing them on waxed paper to set, then serve.