Chocolate, Hazelnut & Caramel Tart Recipe
Chocolate, Hazelnut, And Caramel Tart
This decadent dessert will surely be a hit on your holiday feast. The combination of chocolate, hazelnut, and caramel is simply divine. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a shot!
50 g. Blanched hazelnut
200 g. Plain flour
1 tbsp. Icing sugar
140 g. Cold butter, diced
1 Egg yolk
Flour for dusting
75 g. Caster sugar
25 g. Butter
100 ml Double cream
1 tbsp. Golden syrup
Large pinch sea salt flakes
50 g. Blanched hazelnut, toasted and roughly chopped
100 g. Dark chocolate (70%)
75 g. Butter
2 Large eggs, plus 1 yolk
50 g. Caster sugar
1 tbsp. Cocoa
For the Hazelnut Pastry:
For the Salted Caramel:
For the Chocolate Fudge Filling:
To create the puff pastry, finely grind the hazelnuts in a food processor. Pulse in the flour, icing sugar, and butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Pulse in the egg yolk and 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water until the dough comes together.
Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes after flattening it into a disc and wrapping it in cling film.
- Set the oven's temperature to 356 °F. Start rolling out the pastry to line a 9” loose-bottomed, deep tart tin on a floured surface.
- Line with baking parchment and fill with baked beans after trimming the sides and pricking the base with a fork.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans and parchment gently and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow time for cooling.
- Make the salted caramel in the meantime. Place the sugar in a small saucepan with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and slowly heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook, constantly stirring, until the sugar turns amber-colored caramel.
- Reduce the heat and mix the butter, cream, and golden syrup until the sauce thickens and becomes smooth.
- Remove the pan from heat and season with salt.
- Allow for a few minutes of cooling before spreading the mixture into the tart base. Set aside a scattering of chopped hazelnuts.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter and pour over a pan of simmering water for the chocolate filling. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let it sit to cool slightly.
- In a separate dish, combine the eggs, egg yolk, and caster sugar and whisk together for about 6 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Pour into the tart base after folding in the melted chocolate and cocoa. Cook for about 20 minutes or until set and the top is crusty.
- Allow to cool completely and slice.