Chocolate Heart Biscuits Recipe
Chocolate Heart Biscuits
Simple and light treats are perfect for snacking and just getting that kick of sweetness right after a savory dinner. Bake your loved ones a homemade batch of Chocolate Heart Biscuits this Valentine’s Day and simply ask, “will you be my Valentine?” and watch their faces light up with sweetness and delight!
- Combine all cookie ingredients except flour in a bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic food wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight until chilled.
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- Roll the dough out, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out the cookies in 2 1/2-inch using a heart-shaped cutter.
- Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets, 1 inch apart.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Let it cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat, occasionally stirring for 4-6 minutes or until melted.
- Dip half of each heart into chocolate.
- Place onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheets—sprinkle with nonpareils, as desired. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
You may double the chocolate coating to cover the whole cookie if you desire a rich chocolate bite on every corner.