Coffee Chip Cookies Recipe
Coffee Chip Cookies
Coffee is a staple in many people’s lives, and it’s no surprise they make a fantastic addition to any dessert. If they’re great on Tiramisu, then they’re just as great in a cookie. Surprise the caffeine love in your life with a batch of Coffee Chip Cookies to start their Valentine’s Day with a bang!
2 sticks of Salted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
2 cups plus 2 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 8 oz. Semisweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- ½ cup Finely chopped pecans (optional)
1 12-ounce bag of White chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. Canola oil
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
For the Cookies:
For the Glaze:
To make the cookies:
Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and coffee granules together.
- Melt one stick of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Let it bubble up for 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat and pour into another bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat the remaining stick of butter until it’s fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and add in the brown and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs in one at a time and mix just enough so everything is incorporated with no lumps.
- Gradually combine the dry ingredients like the flour and coffee granules with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and chocolate pieces if you want some extra sweetness to your dough.
- Proceed with scooping heaps of tablespoons of your dough onto each pan. Ensure they’re placed about two inches apart for the cookie to spread evenly while baking.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes until the dough is firm. Once chilled, bring them out from the fridge and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until they’re moist enough to your liking.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes, and set them aside.
To make the glaze:
To make the glaze, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Add the vanilla and canola oil and mix together until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies. Let it sit 15 minutes before drizzling again, then serve.