Creepy Crawler Cupcakes Recipe
Creepy Crawler Cupcakes
These spider cupcakes may look creepy, but they are packed with sweet goodness. They are made with chocolate-and-pumpkin-flavored cupcakes that will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth cravings. Decorated with chocolate sprinkles, assorted candies, and licorice strips, these Halloween treats will keep the kids and kids at heart coming back for more.
1 box (16.5 oz.) Dark chocolate fudge cake mix
⅞ cup Pumpkin puree
- ⅞ cup Water
⅔ cup Confectioner’s sugar
4 tsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp. 1% Milk
1/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
Pinch of Salt
6 tbsp. Chocolate sprinkles
Black string licorice, cut into 2” strips
For The Cupcakes:
For The Glaze:
For The Toppings:
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree and water, then mix.
- Add chocolate cake mix and beat for about 2 minutes until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Fill cupcake liners up to ⅔ with cake batter and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool down for 15 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then, add vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk, adding ¼ teaspoon more at a time if needed. Mix until smooth.
- Place sprinkles in another bowl.
Using a spatula or butter knife, spread a small amount of glaze (less than 1 teaspoon) over the cupcake. Then, quickly dip it into the bowl of sprinkles.
- Add 2 Red candies for the eyes before the glaze dries.
- To add legs, poke 8 holes in the top of each cupcake using a bamboo stick. Then, insert a licorice strip in each hole.