Dead Men’s Fingers Recipe
Dead Men’s Fingers
These Halloween treats will surely impress your guests. Not only are they delicious, but they are also creepy and will look perfect on your Halloween dining table. Plus, they are easy to make and require a few ingredients.
Dead Men’s Fingers are made of smoked sausages or frankfurts and decorated to resemble a dead man’s finger. Slices of almonds are used to make fingernails, while a couple of slits on the sausages give them a realistic look. Serve them with ketchup or your favorite dip.
10 Sausages or frankfurts of your choice
1 tbsp. Canola oil
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a paring knife, cut out a small portion, about ½”, at one end of each sausage to create a nail bed.
- Insert an almond slice into the sausage, so it sits on the top of the nail bed, resembling a fingernail.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 2 slits directly under the almond slice, then 3 slits on the opposite end to create knuckle creases.
- Transfer the decorated sausages to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle them with canola oil, then toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the sausage is hot.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauces, and enjoy.