Gingerbread Mummy And Skeleton Pets Recipe
Gingerbread Mummy And Skeleton Pets
Kids and kids at heart will surely love these sweet treats. These gingerbread cookies are simply irresistible with their soft, chewy texture and hints of different spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves). They look adorable and will make great decorations on any Halloween buffet table.
If you love to bake, you will enjoy making and decorating these gingerbread mummies and skeleton pets. So, bring out those gingerbread and animal-shaped cookie cutters, and start baking.
½ cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 ½ cups All-purpose flour
½ cup Granulated sugar
½ cup Molasses
1 large Egg
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Ground ginger
½ tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
½ tsp. Ground cloves
½ tsp. Ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. Kosher salt
2 cups Powdered sugar, sifted
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
2 tbsp. Whole milk
For The Frosting:
In a small bowl, combine baking powder, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Place the butter in an electric mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add sugar to the butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the molasses, egg, and balsamic vinegar.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the bowl, and continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours or until the dough is easy to handle.
- Divide the dough in half, and on a lightly floured surface, roll each dough to 1/4″ thickness, adding flour as needed.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and let it cool for one minute before moving the cookies to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Allow the frosting to dry for 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Serve or store in an airtight container.