Greek Salad with Oregano Marinated Chicken Recipe
Greek Salad with Oregano Marinated Chicken
4 to 6
It's easy to go Greek. You can combine chicken with olives, feta, red onion, and tomatoes. But what if you are looking for a combination of tastes, textures, and flavors? Look no further; this Greek salad with oregano-marinated chicken will amaze you!
Chill Time: 30 mins
1 Lemon, juiced
2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp Dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
4 boneless and skinless Chicken breasts (6 to 7 oz)
¼ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 Lemon, freshly squeezed
2 Garlic cloves smashed with the back of a knife
1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 3 pinches Salt
10 to 15 grinds of Black pepper
2 to 3 Romaine lettuce hearts
1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks after being cut in half lengthwise
3 vine-ripened Tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
½ a Red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped pitted
¼ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
For the Chicken:
For the dressing:
For the salad:
To Marinade the chicken:
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a non-reactive dish. Rub the chicken breasts in the mixture on both sides of the dish.
Refrigerate the dish for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours, covered with plastic wrap.
To prepare the dressing:
Shake all of the ingredients in a resealable container vigorously.
- Refrigerate salad until ready to serve, then bring to room temperature before tossing.
To assemble the salad:
Remove the romaine leaves' dark tips and bitter white bottoms.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl large enough to hold all of the salad ingredients and cut it into 1-inch strips.
- Sprinkle with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olives, and feta. You can make the salad up to a few hours ahead of time.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes before serving, covered with a moist paper towel.
To prepare the chicken:
Over high heat, heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan. Cook, turning once, until the chicken breasts are well browned, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Allow the chicken to rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
- Shake the dressing well and pour it into a small serving bowl, straining the garlic with the lid.
- Toss salad just before serving, then fans out the chicken on top.