Guacamoldy Eyeballs Recipe
This Halloween version of Deviled Eggs is filled with creamy guacamole and garnished with a taco sauce and sour cream mixture to give the impression of moldy, bloodshot eyes. The pupils are made with slices of pimiento-stuffed olive.
10 large Eggs
1 large Avocado
¼ cup Lowfat sour cream
2 tbsp. Taco sauce (without chunks)
2 tsp. Chili powder
2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
A pinch of Salt
4 medium-sized Pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
In a large saucepan, place the eggs and add water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it stand for 12 minutes.
Whisk together the taco sauce, sour cream, and chili powder in a small bowl. Put the mixture in a pastry bag with a fine writing tip.
- In another small bowl, mash the avocado and add lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients.
Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic bag and cut off the tip, creating a ½-inch wide opening.
- Drain the eggs and peel them. Then, cut each egg in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and replace them with the avocado mixture.
- Place a slice of pimiento-stuffed olive on top of the avocado mixture to make the eyes.
- Pipe thin lines of the sour cream mixture on each egg white to resemble bloodshot eyes.