Halloween Witch Fingers Recipe
Halloween Witch Fingers
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
These Halloween Witch Fingers are simple shortbread cookies shaped into fingers to frighten the guests. The fingernails are whole roasted almonds glued to the cookies with raspberry jam. Despite the gory look, these finger-shaped cookies are sweet and tasty.
Combine butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla. Beat together using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl.
- While continually beating, gradually add flour, baking powder, and salt until you make a stiff dough.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 325 °F. Lightly grease the baking sheets.
Working on small amounts and keeping the remainder refrigerated, scoop a spoonful of dough onto wax paper and roll it into a thin finger-shaped cookie about 4” long.
- Squeeze the dough near the tip and then the center to create an impression of knuckles.
- Using a sharp knife, make small slashes in each knuckle to give the cookie a more finger-like appearance.
- Press an almond into one end of each cookie to add fingernails.
- Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden.
- Remove the almond from each cookie and squeeze a small amount of Red decorating gel or melted raspberry jam into the nail bed. Then, replace the almond, causing the gel or jam to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.
When rolling the dough, shape the fingers a bit thin as they will puff a little after baking.