Linzer Cookies Recipe
Linzer Cookies are a baked buttery torte that looks like flowery biscuits. Sweet treats like these look and taste amazing with their jelly filling and white powdered sugar topping. Making powdered biscuit treats with your kids and spouse is a wonderful way to spend Valentine's Day together.
- Whisk together almond flour, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the granulated sugar, egg, vanilla, and butter until there are no more lumps.
- Slowly mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Stir until you get a smooth consistency.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, then preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Flour a surface and place one disc of dough on top. Roll into a large sheet between 1/16 to ⅛-inch thick.
Using your favorite cookie cutters, shape them accordingly. Place shaped cookies about an inch apart onto the lined baking sheets. Gather any unused scraps together for later use or store them inside the fridge while working through each step.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool on the pan before transferring to the rack for cooling.
- Top the cookies with 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry jam and lemon zest and spread them all over.
- Using a sift, sprinkle powdered sugar over the top, serve or store for later.
It's a great treat to enjoy with tea or even egg nog during the holidays. Linzer cookies are quite festive and beloved during the holidays.