Maple Bourbon Chicken & Waffle Sandwich Recipe
Maple Bourbon Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
A breakfast sandwich is a perfect way to start your day. And this Maple Bourbon Chicken & Waffle Sandwich is no exception!
This sandwich will give you the energy you need to take on the day, packed with flavorful chicken, crispy waffles, and a smoky maple bourbon sauce. Best of all, it's easy to make at home. So put on your apron and prepare for a delicious breakfast!
3 large Eggs, whites, and yolks separated
2 boxes of Cornbread mix
½ cup All-purpose flour
½ tsp. Baking soda
1 cup Milk
2 tbsp. Honey
4 tbsp. Melted butter
1 lb. halved Chicken cutlets
1 cup Buttermilk
1 tbsp. Hot sauce
1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
2 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Paprika
- Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable frying oil
- 2 oz. Bourbon whiskey
8 oz. Pure maple syrup
3 tbsp. Butter
For the Waffles:
For the Fried Chicken:
For the Maple Bourbon Syrup:
To Make the Waffles:
Preheat the waffle maker (you can use Krups 4 Slice Belgian Waffle Maker). Set aside the egg whites after reaching their soft peaks.
- Whisk together the remaining waffle ingredients, then fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto the hot iron with a 1/3 to 1/2 cup measure, depending on the waffle iron’s size. Cook until the bacon is crisp and golden.
To Fry the Chicken:
Marinate the chicken in buttermilk with a few dashes of hot sauce in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Flour the chicken.
- Fry the chicken cutlets in a cast-iron pan with 1 inch of oil over medium-high heat.
- Place on a paper towel to drain once the chicken is golden brown and fully cooked.
To Make the Maple Syrup:
Combine bourbon and maple syrup in a small saucepan. To burn off the alcohol and reduce the liquid, heat medium-high for about 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the butter. Allow to cool to room temperature or serve slightly warm.
To Make the Sandwiches:
Sandwich two waffles with fried chicken and bourbon sauce.
- Garnish with bacon if desired.