Mini Apple Pie Cookies Recipe
Mini Apple Pie Cookies
These mini apple pie cookies are ideal for holidays because they are sweet, savory, and oh-so-delicious. Why not give them a shot? We guarantee you won't be disappointed!
All-purpose flour for dusting
Egg wash for brushing
½ Lemon, juiced
2 pcs. Refrigerated pie crusts (like Pillsbury)
2 pcs. Apples, finely chopped
½ tsp. Ground nutmeg
2 tsp. Cinnamon powder
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
2 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Granulated sugar
2 tbsp. Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
¼ cup packed Brown sugar
1 cup Caramel, melted in the microwave to make spreadable
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Start making the filling of the apple pies. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add chopped apples.
- Cook until the apples soften, then mix in the sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook for a few minutes more before adding the cornstarch and lemon juice. Remove it from any heat and let it cool down slightly.
- Put flour on the work surface, then roll out one refrigerated pie crust. Cut into strips about 4” long and ½” thick. Set aside.
Start rolling out the second pie crust, cut out rounds with a 3” cookie cutter, and then place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Apply a small amount of caramel in each circle and pour the apple pie filling. The top half of the lattice strips over the filling in one direction, then the other half in the opposite direction.
- Trim any excess dough with the same cookie cutter.
- Apply egg wash by brushing it on the cookies. This will aid in bonding the crusts.
- Sprinkle the pie with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake it for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving.