Mini Cherry Cheesecakes With Orange Glaze Recipe
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes With Orange Glaze
Mini cheesecakes are always a crowd-pleaser, and this recipe is no different. The orange glaze gives these mini cheesecakes a delicious citrus flavor that compliments the cream cheese perfectly.
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Combine crumbles and butter and press gently into the bottom of 12 foil-lined muffin cups.
- Mix the sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a container.
- Put the egg and mix at low speed just until combined. Distribute over crusts.
- Bake it for around 12 to 15 minutes or until the centers are almost set. Allow cooling completely.
- Drain cherries, reserving ½ cup juice in a saucepan for topping; discard remaining juice.
- Add cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and, if desired, food coloring to reserved juice. Let it boil and cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Cool before spooning over cheesecakes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, covered.
Use crushed pretzels rather than vanilla wafers to give these a sweet-salty twist. Also, consider replacing the cherries with strawberries to celebrate the arrival of warm-weather produce.