Muffin Morning Makers Recipe
Muffin Morning Makers
Mornings are a busy time for everyone, so grab-and-go breakfast options are a lifesaver. These Muffin Morning Makers are perfect for those mornings when you need to eat and run.
Make a big batch on the weekend, freeze them individually, and reheat them in the microwave for a quick and tasty breakfast sandwich.
1 (12 oz.) pack of English muffins
¼ cup Chopped green onion
1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
2 ½ cup Vegetable oil
6 oz. Ground breakfast sausage
Toast the muffins in a toaster oven after splitting them open with a fork.
Scramble the eggs, green onions, and cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet, pour the egg mixture and fry in one layer, like an omelet.
- Remove the egg from the heat when the wet side is cooked through.
- Form the sausage into small patties while the eggs are frying.
In another skillet, brown the sausage. Fry until browned, then remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Assemble the muffin sandwiches by layering a sausage and a piece of fried egg between two muffin pieces.
- If you want to freeze the sandwiches, let each part cool before making them, wrap them in plastic and place them in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave.