Mummies In Blankets Recipe
Mummies In Blankets
An all-time party snack favorite, you can never go wrong with hotdogs. These Mummies In Blankets are the Halloween version of Pig in a Blanket. They are also made of hotdogs wrapped in crescent dough, but the dough is cut into thin strips to resemble bandages.
These Mummies In Blankets are easy and enjoyable to make. You can even share the fun with your kids by asking them to help put the bandages around the hotdogs.
Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface and press the perforations to seal them together, creating a long rectangle dough.
- Cut the dough horizontally into thin strips about ¼” wide.
- Wrap each hotdog with crescent dough strips, creating bandages. Make sure to leave a gap for the eyes.
- Place the wrapped hotdogs on the baking sheet and bake them for 10 to 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the hotdogs are hot.
- Remove the mummy hotdogs from the oven and add the candy eyes (or draw two dots using mustard).
When cooked, the crescent roll dough expands and the hotdogs can shrink. So, ensure to stretch the dough strips and wrap them tightly around the hotdogs.