Who doesn’t like nachos? They are delicious, crunchy, and filling. Plus, they are simple to make and easily customizable to suit anyone’s preference. These nachos are packed with meat, cheeses, and spices, so be ready for a burst of flavors.
2 tbsp. Chili powder
1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. Granulated garlic
1 tsp. Granulated onion
1 tsp. Ground cumin
½ tsp. Dried oregano
¼ tsp. Ground Black pepper
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
1 tsp. Vegetable oil
1 lb. Ground beef (80/20 lean)
2 cups Refried beans, homemade or canned
- ¼ cup Water
1 large bag Tortilla chips
4 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
4 oz. Colby Jack cheese, grated
1 cup Pico de Gallo
¼ cup chopped Cilantro
Sliced Green onions
For the Taco Spice Blend:
For the Nachos:
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all the spices to blend the taco spice.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil until it begins to simmer. Then, add ground beef and season it with the spice mix.
- Return the cooked meat to the skillet, then add refried beans and water. Cook the mixture until the beans are smooth and cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to low and keep the mixture warm while preparing the chips.
On a standard-sized baking sheet, arrange the tortilla chips in a slightly overlapping layer. Then, bake for about 5 minutes or until you begin to smell the chips’ aroma.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle half the shredded cheese over the chips.
- Let the cheese melt from the heat of the chips before topping it with the beef-and-bean mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the beef and bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
- Top the nachos with chopped cilantro, pico de gallo, jalapeño slices, or any toppings of your choice. Serve hot.
Be sure to bake the tortilla chips before adding your toppings to prevent sogginess.