Pecan Cupcakes With Spiced Vanilla Frosting Recipe
Pecan Cupcakes With Spiced Vanilla Frosting
Looking for a tasty dessert recipe? You can't go wrong with these Spiced Pecan Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting! Pecans are a traditional Thanksgiving ingredient, so use them in your dessert. We guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
1 cup Pecans, plus whole pecans, for servings
1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Kosher salt
½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. plus 1/8 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
½ cup plus 4 tbsp (1½ sticks) Unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup Light brown sugar
½ cup Granulated sugar
2 tsp. finely grated Clementine zest
3 large Eggs
¾ cup Buttermilk
2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract divided
2 cups Confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 to 2 tbsp. Heavy cream
Candied oranges slices for serving
Set the oven's temperature to 350 °F.
Finely grind pecans in a food processor.
- Add the baking soda, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg and pulse to combine, then set aside.
Mix 12 cups (1 stick) of butter, brown and granulated sugars, and clementine zest in an electric mixer for 3 to 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, beat in the eggs.
- Set the mixer speed to low. Then, slowly put the pecan mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Mix in the buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and transfer to wire rack.
For the Frosting:
Using an electric mixer, combine 1 tablespoon of cream, confectioners’ sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 4 tablespoons of butter, and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg. Mix until fluffy.
- Add another tablespoon of cream if the frosting comes out thick.
- Evenly spread it on the cupcakes and top it with orange slices and pecans, if desired.