Pecan Pie With Caramelized Apples Recipe
Pecan Pie With Caramelized Apples
This recipe for Pecan Pie with Caramelized Apples is a delectable flavor combination that will have your guests coming back for more. Best of all, it's straightforward and requires no special ingredients.
6 medium-sized tart Apples, sliced and peeled
- Dough for single-crust pie
1 tsp. Lemon juice
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
¾ cup chopped Pecans
⅓ cup Packed brown sugar
3 tbsp. Sugar
4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
¼ cup Caramel topping, room temperature
3 tbsp. Butter, melted
3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1/4 cup Sugar
6 tbsp. cold Butter, cubed
2/3 cup chopped Pecans
1/4 cup Caramel topping, room temperature
Whipped cream, optional
For the Streusel Topping:
Preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
Roll the dough on a table with flour to a ⅛” thick circle; transfer to a 9” deep-dish pie plate. Trim crust to ½” beyond the rim of the plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Mix apples with lemon juice and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, pecans, sugars, and cinnamon, then add to apples and toss to combine.
- Spread caramel topping onto the bottom of the crust. Fill with apple mixture. Drizzle with butter.
- For streusel topping, mix flour and sugar. Slice the butter until crumbly; mix in pecans. Sprinkle overfilling.
Bake it on a lower oven rack until the filling is bubbly, 65 to 75 minutes. Drizzle with caramel topping. On a wire rack, let it cool.
- You may serve it with an additional caramel topping or whipped cream.