Peppermint Meringue Recipe
Peppermint is an exquisite addition to any chocolate lover's diet, but imagine them in cookie swirls. Baking Pepper Mint Meringues for Valentine’s Day will make your favorite person feel loved and valued!
- 3 large Egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp. Cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp. Peppermint extract
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1⅔ cup Powdered sugar
- Food coloring of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 250 °F. Put parchment paper on two baking sheets.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar (or sugar), peppermint extract in a large bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar while beating for 8 to10 more minutes until shiny peaks form stiff texture.
- Using a pastry brush, carefully make 5 to 6 stripes of gel food coloring inside the bag.
- Spoon meringue into it and pipe 2-inch cookies about 1-inch apart on your pans.
- After an hour of baking, turn off your oven and leave the meringues inside for another two hours. This will allow them time to cool before removing from heat or risk burning.
- Remove from the oven and serve!