Pork & Aubergine Noodle Stir-fry Recipe
Pork & Aubergine Noodle Stir-fry
Pork and Aubergine Noodle Stir-fry is a quick and healthy recipe perfect for busy weeknights. This recipe for two yields enough leftovers to make Pork & Aubergine lettuce cups the next day for lunch.
Pork and Aubergine Noodle Stir-fry is a great weight loss recipe because it is low in calories and high in protein. Pork and Aubergine Noodle Stir-fry is also a good source of fiber and vitamins A, C, and E.
1/2 tbsp Groundnut oil
100g Minced lean pork
1 Aubergine, peeled and cubed
2 Medium egg noodle nests (about 100g)
1 tbsp Soy sauce (low salt)
3 tbsp Rice vinegar
½ tbsp Cornflour
½ Peeled and grated huge piece of ginger, ½ chopped into matchsticks
3 Smashed garlic cloves
1 Red chili, chopped finely
Neatly cut bunch of spring onions
2 Pak choi, separated leaves or sliced
In a wok or high-sided frying pan, heat the oil and cook the minced garlic for 5-8 minutes, or until golden and crispy around the edges. Stir in the aubergine for another 15 minutes or until soft and transparent.
- On the other hand, cook the noodles according to the package directions and drain them. Set aside a small bowl containing the soy sauce, vinegar, cornflour, and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir-fry the mince with the grated ginger and ginger matchsticks, garlic, and chili for a minute before putting the spring onion and pak choi.
- Add the sauce after another couple of minutes of stirring. Bring the sauce to boil, then turn the heat to low and cook until the sauce has slightly thickened and the aubergine is completely coated.
- Half of the stir-fry should be scooped into a bowl and set aside to cool for the leftover pork and aubergine lettuce cups.
- Mix the drained noodles with the remaining stir-fry in the wok until the noodles are well-covered in the sauce. Divide the mixture among warmed bowls.
To prepare the pork and aubergine lettuce cups, spoon the remaining stir-fry into bento-style lunch boxes and fill the sections with lettuce leaves, shredded carrots, lime wedges, chili sauce, and chopped peanuts or cashews if desired. Fill the lettuce leaves with the stir-fry and the other ingredients.