Pull-Apart Pigs In A Blanket-Recipe
Pull-Apart Pigs In A Blanket
This appetizer offers a new, fun way to serve the classic pigs in a blanket at parties and get-togethers. It has all the original recipe’s ingredients, including cocktail sausages (or hotdogs) and pastry or dough.
Pull-Apart Pigs in a Blanket is baked in a springform pan and comes with a melted butter mixture that binds the little pigs together. The buttery mixture provides additional flavor, taking this classic recipe to the next level.
Preheat the oven to 375 °F and spritz an 8” springform pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, melt the butter. Then, add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Red pepper flakes, and salt. Set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough and square it up on a lightly floured surface.
Cut the pizza dough into 1” x 2” strips using a pizza cutter.
- Brush the dough strips with the butter mixture. Set aside the remaining mixture for later use.
- Wrap each cocktail wiener in a pizza dough strip and pinch the seams together to seal.
Arrange the pigs in a blanket in the springform pan so that they are standing upright.
Place the pan on a cookie sheet to catch butter drips and prevent them from getting all over the oven.
- Brush the top of the filled pan with the remaining butter mixture.
Tightly cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let it cool down for about 10 minutes before removing the pull-apart bread from the pan.
- Serve warm with dipping sauces.