Pumpkin Bread Buns Recipe
Pumpkin Bread Buns
If you enjoy baking, add these Pumpkin Bread Buns to your menu this October 31st. Not only are they delicious, but these pumpkin-shaped buns also look adorable and perfect for decorating your Halloween dining table. Plus, they are filling too.
Add pumpkin purée, milk, sugar, and butter in a large bowl.
- Gently beat the egg. Divide the beaten egg into two equal parts and set aside one part.
- Add the second part of the beaten egg to the bowl. Then, mix all ingredients using an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Add the yeast to the mixture and set it aside for 5 minutes to activate it.
- Whisk flour and salt, and gradually add the mixture to the batter. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough on medium-low speed (or with your hands) until it is smooth and cleanly pulled away from the sides of the bowl.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl and set aside for 1 hour.
- While waiting for the dough to rise, prepare 9 long strings. Place the strings in a bowl and coat them with olive oil to prevent them from sticking to the dough when baking.
- After an hour, the dough should double in size. Divide the dough into 9 wedges and roll them to make 9 balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Tie the string around each dough ball in a way that it’s divided into 8 equal parts. Do not tie too tightly, as the dough will continue to rise during baking.
- Brush each dough ball with the remaining egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the buns from the oven. While they are still hot, brush a thin layer of melted butter onto the surface of each bun.
- Let the buns cool down completely, and gently remove the string from each bun.
- Put one whole roasted almond into the center of each pumpkin bun to make a stem.