Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Buttercream Frosting
Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Buttercream Frosting is not only delicious, but it is also ideal for the holidays! This recipe is so simple to make and will please your guests. Plus, you can make it ahead of time, eliminating the need for last-minute preparations.
10 ½ oz. Self-raising flour
10 ½ oz. Light muscovado sugar
2 tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Salt
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 fl. oz. Espresso coffee
7 oz. Melted butter
- 1lb. 2 oz. Pumpkin, grated
3 ½ oz. Unsalted butter
7 oz. sifted Icing sugar
1 tbsp. Coffee granules
- 1 tbsp. Hot water
Chocolate curls, walnuts, pecans – whatever you want to add.
For the Coffee Buttercream:
For the Decoration:
Set the oven's temperature to 375 ºF. Lightly grease 2” x 9” round cake tins and line them with baking parchment.
- Mix baking soda, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs with melted butter and add in the espresso coffee.
- Start mixing the egg mixture with the dry ingredients. Stir the pumpkin in and mix well.
- Transfer it to the prepared tins and bake.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes, then insert a stick into the middle of the pumpkin cake. If it comes out neat, your cake is already good to go.
Remove from the oven, cool for 3 or 4 minutes, and put it on a cooling rack.
Get the coffee buttercream ingredients and mix them using an electric hand whisk.
- Spread or pipe buttercream onto the cakes. Place the other on top, and decorate with more buttercream and chocolate curls, walnuts, pecans, or whichever you decide!