Pumpkin Hand Pies Recipe
Pumpkin Hand Pies
With their well-balanced sweetness and cinnamony flavor, these hand pies are the perfect snack for any Halloween party. The crunchy, golden brown crust with a soft, pumpkin-flavored filling is simply irresistible.
For the most enjoyable eating experience, Pumpkin Hand Pies are best served a little warm.
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
Beat 1 egg in a small bowl, and add pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin spice. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Unroll the pie crust on a lightly floured surface and cut it into circles. Repeat with the remaining pie crust and reroll the scraps until all the dough has been cut.
- Assemble the dough by placing a dollop of pumpkin mixture onto each circle, leaving a ½” border around all edges. Lightly brush the edges with the beaten egg before folding the dough in half.
- Seal the dough by pinching with fingers or using a fork to crimp the edges.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and ground cinnamon together. Brush the pies with beaten egg, then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Using a fork or knife, cut a small slit on the top of each pie.
Arrange the pies on a cookie pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.