Pumpkin Patch Bites Recipe
Pumpkin Patch Bites
Ham is one of the most popular Christmas traditional foods, and these Pumpkin Patch Bites will allow you to enjoy it during the Halloween season. These pumpkin-shaped bites combine the smoky flavor of ham and the cheddar’s creamy, tangy taste, creating a delectable savory treat. Plus, they are easy to make.
1 box Pie crusts, refrigerated
6 oz. sliced Ham
8 oz. sliced Cheddar cheese
1 large Egg
Preheat the oven to 425 °F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unroll the pie crusts, and using a 3-inch pumpkin cookie cutter, cut each crust into 12 pumpkin shapes (you will make a total of 24 pumpkin shapes).
Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds of ham and cheddar cheese.
- Put 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of cheese on each top of the 12 pumpkin-shaped crusts.
- Using a small brush, put some beaten egg around the edges of the pumpkin-shaped crusts.
- Top with the remaining 12 pumpkins and gently press on the edges to seal.
- Using a spoon, press the top of the pumpkin in a few places to make ridges.
- Arrange the pumpkins on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with beaten eggs.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the pumpkin-shaped crusts are lightly golden.
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes before serving.