Sausage and Egg McMuffin Recipe
Sausage and Egg McMuffin
Looking for a homemade McDonald's sausage and egg McMuffin? Look no further! This recipe is similar to the real thing but tastes even better because it's made with real ingredients. Plus, it's a great grab-and-go breakfast that you can make ahead of time.
Preheat the oven to 275 °F (130 °C).
- Place muffins on a baking sheet, cut side up, and top with cheese. Alternatively, you can also melt cheese on sausage patties.
In a mixing bowl, incorporate all the ingredients for the sausage patty. Use your hands to combine thoroughly.
- Form into 4 patties (thick ones or 5 Maccers size patties). Because the patties will shrink while cooking, make them slightly larger than the muffins.
In a large nonstick skillet, over high heat, heat the oil. Add patties (in batches if needed).
- Cook the first side of the patties for 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until the other side is browned, then flip. (Optional: After flipping, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt).
- Next, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in another pan over medium-high heat. Spray the egg rings with oil and place them in the skillet.
- Crack the egg into the rings. Cover the skillet with a lid after adding about 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Remove the warm muffins from the oven. Top with sausage, then egg, and a muffin lid. Serve and enjoy!