Severed Toes In Bandages Recipe
Severed Toes In Bandages
Looks can be deceiving, and these Severed Toes In Bandages are a living testament to that. They may look gross and scary, but these Halloween treats are made of delicious frankfurts wrapped in crispy pie crust. The nails are slices of almonds.
Serve these cocktail frankfurts with ketchup that looks like blood for an added scare!
Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
- Unroll the pie crusts and cut them into thin strips using a pizza wheel.
- Working on one cocktail frank at a time, wrap a dough strip up to one-half or one-third of the frankfurt. Repeat this step until all franks are wrapped in dough strips.
- Arrange the wrapped franks on the baking sheet.
- Using a small knife, cut a horizontal slit on the unwrapped end of each frank. Then, insert an almond slice into each slit to resemble a toenail.
- Brush the dough strips with egg wash.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the pie crust is light golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.