The Breakfast Omwich Recipe
The Breakfast Omwich
The Breakfast Omwich is a delicious, flavorful option that will fill you up and prepare you for the morning. You can use Tillamook Cheddar cheese for a nice, sharp flavor. To taste, add chopped vegetables and meats such as sliced chicken, turkey, or roast beef to the egg mixture.
3 Bacon slices
3 lightly beaten Eggs
½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 pinch of Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
2 cooked and chopped Ham slices
¼ cup finely diced Onion (optional)
1 tbsp. Chopped fresh chives (optional)
¼ cup fresh Mushrooms, chopped (optional)
¼ cup finely chopped Green bell pepper (optional)
1 tsp. Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
2 drops of Hot pepper sauce (optional)
4 toasted Bread slices
2 tbsp. Mayonnaise (optional)
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until evenly browned and crisp. Remove and pat dry with paper towels. When completely cool, crumble into small pieces.
- Mix the eggs and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Over medium heat, pour the egg mixture into a skillet. Layer it with bacon, ham, onion, chives, mushrooms, green pepper, jalapeno, or hot pepper sauce on top of the set eggs if desired. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Fold one-half of the egg mixture carefully over the filling ingredients. Cook until the cheese melts and the bottom is golden. Turn and cook until golden on the other side, then take the pan off the heat.
- Place two slices of toast on two serving plates, and top with mayonnaise if desired. Place ½ of the egg mixture on each piece of toast.
- Top each omwich with the remaining toast, cut in half, and serve immediately.