Whiskey Caramel Bread Pudding With Ice Cream Recipe
Whiskey Caramel Bread Pudding With Ice Cream
This delicious holiday dessert is sure to impress your guests. Plus, it's easy to make - just follow the simple steps below. Happy Thanksgiving!
For the Bread Pudding:
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spread the torn brioche in a shallow 2-quart baking dish and butter it.
- Scoop ice cream into a glass bowl and microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring after each, until melted.
- Incorporate the eggs, sugar, and ¾ cup water.
- Transfer the custard over the brioche and set aside for 15 minutes, pressing the bread to submerge it in the custard.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool down slightly.
For the Caramel Sauce:
Mix 2 tablespoons of water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
Cook the mixture over medium heat until sugar dissolves, swirling the pan and brushing down the sides with a wet pastry brush.
- Cook by occasionally stirring for 5 minutes or until a medium amber caramel forms.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, constantly whisking until the caramel is smooth.
- Before adding the whiskey and salt, allow it to cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce.