Zesty Quinoa Salad Recipe
Zesty Quinoa Salad
This salad is a whole new way to enjoy quinoa. Lime juice and cilantro give it a fresh kick; black beans provide protein and fiber, while the addition of tomatoes, cilantro, sesame seeds, and quinoa provides nutrients.
- 2 cups water
1 cup Quinoa
¼ cup Virgin olive oil
2 Limes, squeezed
2 tsp. Cumin powder
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
½ tsp.Red pepper flakes, or as desired
1 ½ cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 (15 oz.) can of Black beans, rinsed and drained
5 finely chopped Green onions
¼ cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and quinoa to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water has been absorbed, on medium-low heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl of olive oil and lime juice.
Mix all the ingredients for the quinoa dish in a large mixing bowl.
- To coat, toss the quinoa mixture with the dressing.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste the salad before serving.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.